TekRADIUS is a RADIUS server for Windows with built-in DHCP server. TekRADIUS is tested on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 2003-2008 server. Please see installation requirements at Support section and don't forget to read Readme file comes with the distribution.
TekRADIUS complies with RFC 2865 and RFC
2866. TekRADIUS has two editions; TekRADIUS (First edition; supports Microsoft SQL Server) and TekRADIUS LT (Second edition; supports SQLite). It runs
as a Windows Service and comes with a Win32 management
interface. Major features:
- Supports features described in RFC 2865 and RFC 2866 (RADIUS protocol).
- Logs system messages, errors and session information to a log file.
- Limits number of simultaneous sessions for the users.
- Uses Authentication method as a RADIUS check item.
- RADIUS Dictionary can be edited through TRManager GUI.
- Authentication and Accounting ports are user selectable.
- You can create SQL database and tables through TRManager GUI.
- You can map RADIUS Accounting attributes to Accounting table fields.
- TekRADIUS can be run in Authentication only or Authorization only mode.
- You can define which RADIUS attribute will use for User-Name substitute.
- You can define own Authorization query string.
- PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP v1-v2, EAP-MD5, EAP-TLS, EAP-MS-CHAP v2, PEAP
(PEAPv0-EAP-MS-CHAP v2) and Digest (draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt) authentication
methods are supported.
- Generates MS-MPPE Keys for VPN connections.
- Supports OTP (One Time Password) authentication based RFC 2289.
- Built-in DHCP server.
- You can specify an Expire Date and Time Quota for the users and use
Authentication method as a RADIUS check item.
- You can Authenticate users against Windows Domain or Active Directory.
- Command line utility for adding, deleting and editing users.
- Simple reporting interface for browsing Accounting records.
- Disconnects users with Packet of Disconnect (Pod) or user defined kill command.
- You can specify how much time user account will be valid after the first logon (Time-Limit)
and you can specify allowed logon days and hours (Login-Time).
- Disabling user profile after user configurable number of unsuccessful login attempts.
- You can specify credit limits for daily, weekly or monthly periods.
- You can run and check result of an external executable as a check item.
- Quick and easy installation.
You can use TekRADIUS' built-in DHCP server to assign IP addresses to your wired or wireless devices on your network. Commercial editions of TekRADIUS provide a unique feature; assignment of IP addresses to wired/wireless clients authenticated using EAP authentication.
TekRADIUS also supports RFC 2868 - RADIUS Attributes for Tunnel Protocol Support and RFC 3079 - Deriving Keys for use with Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption (MPPE). You can authenticate and authorize PPTP/L2TP connections using TekRADIUS.
TekRADIUS provides user level restriction to GUI access. Windows users in "Administrators" group can access to all functions on TekRADIUS Manager GUI but Windows users in built-in "Users" group can access restricted set of functions on TekRADIUS Manager GUI.
Please see TekRADIUS SP Rate Editor Manual for TekRADIUS SP features.
Microsoft, Microsoft SQL Server, Win32, Windows 2000, Windows, Windows NT and Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.